We will provide a sample piece for you upon ordering so you can have the tint contractor install a sample piece first. This will eliminate any questioning about how to work with smart tint. Remember smart tint smart cling is a dry install. As long as the contractor is careful and DOES NOT KINK OR DENT THE MATERIAL OR PULL THE WIRES OUT there should be no issues. Obviously a clean work environment is helpful. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
- QUESTION: Can you "trim" the film on site....or do you need an absolute measurement from me before the panels are custom made?
ANSWER:Switchable Smart Film The material is custom manufactured with special equipment to insure straight cuts however you can cut the material if needed to add a logo, trim etc. with out compromising its effect.
QUESTION: Can we install this film on the top half of the glass only? We were thinking we wanted to keep the existing decals in place and install film from the decal up to the top of the panel.
- ANSWER:YES - You can install on top half or bottom half only.
- QUESTION: Is the Smart Tint™ energy efficient?
- ANSWER:- Yes, It is concidered a green product that consumes between 3 and 5 watts per meter squared.
- QUESTION: Is it less expensive than smart glass?
- ANSWER:- Yes, A fraction of the cost and no construction required.
- QUESTION: Does it block the UV harmfull rays?
- ANSWER:YES. It blocks over 98% of the harmfull UV rays in both its energized and unenergized state.
- QUESTION:Can we install this product ourselves?
- ANSWER:YES, we offer complete do it your self kits with practice pieces. Refer to our "How To Install" section for videos and step by step tutorials.
- QUESTION: How much does Smart Tint™ cost?
- ANSWER:Every Smart Tint project is different and we custom cut your material into almost any shape or size, pre-wire, test and send you a ready to install kit with a package price. Lead times play a key role in job pricing. We match your material sizes with other orders for maximum efficiency and pass the savings on to you.
- QUESTION: How can I purchase or get a job quote?
- ANSWER:If you would like to buy now our online shopping cart allows you to order per sheet of material by the square foot. Simply click the "Order by the Square Foot" link above. If you would like to get a Quote then click the "Get a Quote" link and provide us the details on your project.
- QUESTION: What is the difference between Smart Cling Self Adhesive and the NON-Adhesive backings?
- ANSWER: "Smart Tint offers a Smart Cling Self Adhesive that is thinner than the non-adhesive and widely used in the automotive industry because of its ability to contour to the complex curves of automotive glass." Smart Tint Non-Adhesive is very popular for projection screens, electronic blinds, white boards, high tech window treatments and mechanical installation techniques do to its rigidity. They both provide maximum clarity when energized and extreme privacy when powered off. Contact us today for pricing.
1) How does one fix these films both the (Smart Cling Self Adhesive or Non-Adhesive Smart Tint).
is there a special way of fixing them .
Answer: Go to www.HowToInstallSmartTint.com . The top of the page shows the Smart Cling Self Adhesive Dry installation and scroll down for the NON-Adhesive Demo Video.
2) Can the sheets be cut and joined.
Answer: Yes you can trim however it is recommended that you provide accurate measurements . Our edges are laser laser straight and depending on the installation environment and the seams will leave no gaps. We recommend you use this as an advantage and to isolate sections of the window so they can be operated independently.
3) Can a series of sheets be connected together to have one common control.
Answer: Yes, but not recommended for more that 2 sheets or 50 sq feet of material in total. The best way to install and eliminate failure is to have each sheet independently controlled with its own dedicated line.
4) Is there a specification of the thickness of the glass that it will be installed on.
Answer: No, Smart Cling will adhere to any smooth surface and our NON-ADHESIVE can be hung like a curtain if necessary.
5) Do you deliver in India .
Answer: We ship world wide to any country that DHL will deliver to.
6) Can we have a list of the shades available.
Answer: here is a link to our colors page.
7) Can the sheets be fixed in any direction.
8) Are there warranties on the product..
Answer: This depends on Material size, total qty order and geographic delivery place.
For expedited orders and authorized provider we can ship as fast as 48 hours from payment confirmation. This includes the 24 hours quality control run time each sheet receives prior to shipment. We use DHL express for delivery times and for those who are not in a rush USPS.