Smart Tint is available in 2 installation types.
Smart Cling Self Adhesive and NON Adhesive
Each piece is custom wired for your application.
Smart Cling Self Adhesive White Video provided by a first time installer!
Type 1: Smart Cling Self Adhesive
DO NOT HANDLE THE MATERIAL BY THE WIRING. IF CONNECTION IS BROKEN THE MATERIAL WILL NOT FUNCTION. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES ON ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS. CONTACT AN ELECTRICIAN FOR ALL WIRING CONCERNS.
While installing Smart Tint, a dry install is recommended. DO NOT USE WATER or any other liquid slip aids.
DO NOT OPERATE MATERIAL UNTIL 100% DRY!
During the install, you must clean the glass surface with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol mixture only. After it dries, peel away Smart Cling Self Adhesive backing as seen in the installation video below. Apply tint with the provided installation tool and micro fiber cloth , making sure that the surface is 100% dry. Do not remove protective layer on finish side until the recommended 48 hour acclimation time is complete.
Please Note: If you decide to seal the edges you must use a LOW VOC - ACID FREE Silicone only. Please research your silicone and apply to a test area first , allow to dry and operate for 48 hours prior to completing. We recommend you request a functioning sample piece with your order for this testing purpose.
The installation video below is a Non-Adhesive Mechanical install demo
(This is designed for a mechanical install using a clear 3m VHB double sided tape)
For BEST PERFORMANCE install on smooth glass only please follow these quick tips:
-Clean the surface you are applying the material to with 99% isopropyl alcohol ONLY or greater.
-Remove the protective coating from the contact side of the material prior to installation of the Non-Adhesive film and clean the actual Smart Tint and the glass with 99% isopropyl alcohol only.
-Inspect the Smart Cling Self adhesive surface of the film for any burs or raised edges on the side that will be attached to the glass only and remove if necessary.
(This will allow for the Smart Cling Self Adhesive material to out gas and adhere to the surface) -
-We provide a ready to install piece of material that is pre cut to the measurements or template you provide us. Double check your measurements and templates. All cuts are final.
1. Install a practice piece with your order first and see how the overall appearance is enhanced after post installation acclimation to room temperature has passed. Smart Cling Self Adhesive Smart Tint requires 24-48 hours after installation to acclimate to the surface it has been installed on. It is best to lay material flat for at least 6-12 hours prior to installation in the actual room temperature environment between 55 - 95 degrees Fahrenheit .
2. Be sure that the installation environment is free of Debris, Oils and Dust Particles. Wipe down the glass with the provided micro fiber cloth and a 99% plus mixture of isopropyl alcohol. For mechanical NON-Adhseive installations be sure to also wipe down the contact area of the actual Smart Tint .
3. We provide an installation tool however you can also use a rubber roller to assist in the installation. Every installation is unique. To minimize imperfections please use patience and make sure there are no imperfections in the glass such as pits or scratches prior to installing with this technique. Where latex gloves to eliminate finger print oils from touching the glass and any other foreign darbree.
Step 1 - Package opening and inspection
Step 2 - Drum Inspection and Factory Seal Removal
Step 3 - unpack and inspect package contents
Step 4 - Test Operation of Material - prior to installation-Desktop
Step 5 - Measure and Trim to fit if needed
(It is recommended that your measurements are accurate to avoid trimming if possible )
Warning do not trim , cut or install material will powered on.
Step 6: How to install smart cling self adhesive smart tint.
How to install Self Adhesive Smart Cling on a car window
Apply to Glass with provided Squeegee - Dry Install Self adhesive Backing
Make sure the material is NOT PLUGED IN OR ENERGIZED WHILE CUTTING. We recommend that any trim cuts be made by an authorized Smart Tint Provider or a professional that has experience with this type of technology.
2. 2 types of Operating Voltages Available:
Type 1: Low Voltage 45-75 vac
3. Yes, Smart Cling™ Self Adhesive Smart Tint can be used on automotive glass.
4. Yes, Non-Adhesive Smart Tint can be
mechanically installed ( trim kit , glass sandwich etc.)
5. Yes, Multiple pieces can be used at the same time.
6. Yes , It is remote controllable via the internet, smart phone or standard RF remote.
7. Yes, You can dim it.
USE OUR PROPRIETARY PURE SINE WAVE DIMMER SYTEM ONLY !
8. Yes, you can install it yourself or contact a local contractor.
9. Yes , provide you a completely pre-wired system and installation kit !
10. Yes, it is only clear when energized.
Remotely control your Smart Tint with our network device from any smart phone or web browser !
Smart Tint® Film can be Wi-Fi enabled instantly switching windows from opaque to clear in less than a second. You can turn Smart Tint® Film “on” for see-through windows and “off” for private opaque windows from any smart phone or internet web browser with no software required using our hardware network device. Great for controlling the temperature of your summer home via sunlight or setting a room’s privacy instantly. Smart Tint® is easy to install and affordable, and doubles as a projection screen , digital blind , uv blocker , temperature control , privacy shield, limitless applications...
Smart Tint™ Film is also Wi-Fi enabled and simple to use. Our Smart Tint™ Film can be controlled from anywhere with an internet connection with the touch of a button.
Smart Tint™is completely customizable. The SMART CLING™ self adhesive back allows you to simply peel and stick the film on any smooth glass surface. We also offer a mechanical non-adhesive Smart Tint that can be installed using a trim kit or simple double sided clear adhesive tape that is provided with every purchase .
Once Smart Tint™ Film has been affixed, connect the thin wires to a power source and you are ready to operate. We strategically place the wires anywhere on the material the best fits your application. We custom wire every piece to your specifications. The wire connections are small and can be easily hidden.